Students planning to transfer to Iowa State University for the purpose of enrolling in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences should contact the college office for information concerning degree program requirements. Students are eligible to transfer after completion of 24 credit hours from an accredited two or four year institution. Additional information concerning transfer credit evaluation may be obtained through the Office of Admissions, as well as the academic department of interest.
A transfer student in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences may choose to graduate under the catalog in effect at the time of his or her graduation, or under any catalog within the past five years, provided it covers the period of his or her enrollment either at Iowa State or any other accredited school. A transfer student is responsible for reviewing his/her transfer credit evaluation with the academic advisor during the first semester of enrollment.
- Associate in Arts (A.A.) Articulation Agreement with Iowa public community colleges
Students who plan to enter the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Iowa State University with an associate in arts degree from an Iowa public community college and who have at least 60 transferable semester credits and at least a 2.00 cumulative grade point average, will be considered to have met the general education requirements of the college. It does not include the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences world language requirement.
- Iowa Regent Universities General Education Articulation Agreement
Iowa State University participates in an articulation agreement with the other two Iowa Regent universities concerning the acceptance of their general education programs into the Iowa State University College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Under the terms of this agreement, students who have satisfied general education requirements at the University of Northern Iowa or in the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Iowa may transfer to Iowa State’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences with their general education requirements met. It does not include the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences world language requirement.
Iowa Transfer Plans
- Des Moines Area Community College
- Clinton Community College (Eastern Iowa CC District)
- Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Valley CC District)
- Hawkeye Community College
- Indian Hills Community College
- Iowa Central Community College
- Iowa Lakes Community College
- Iowa Western Community College
- Kirkwood Community College
- Marshalltown Community College (Iowa Valley CC District)
- Muscatine Community College (Eastern Iowa CC District)
- North Iowa Area Community College
- Northeast Iowa Community College
- Northwest Iowa Community College
- Scott Community College (Eastern Iowa CC District)
- Southeastern Community College
- Southwestern Community College
- Western Iowa Technical Community College