- Some military veterans may be more at-risk for PTSD
A study co-authored by Marcus Credé, psychology, finds some service members could develop post-traumatic stress disorder if they were abused in childhood.
- Cyclones chasing cyclones
Meteorology students witnessed the power of Mother Nature in Iowa earlier this spring when multiple tornadoes formed just days apart.
- Book of essays about peace is co-edited by Simon Cordery
A new collection of essays from a dozen Iowa State University faculty underscores how we can all cultivate a more peaceful world.
- El Niño and extreme Atlantic Ocean heat are about to clash
Christina Patricola, geological and atmospheric sciences, explains why forecasters are keeping a watchful eye on the 2023 hurricane season.
- Still serving
Al Arnold, a computer science and ROTC alum, serves other veterans in retirement.
- Middle Eastern studies students meet major opportunities
LAS students learn beyond the classroom through study abroad and immersive language programs.
- Study finds fatigued officers struggle with investigations
New research by Zlatan Križan, psychology, indicates officers who are fatigued have a harder time collecting information that could bring justice to victims.
- Jonathan Wendel is elected to National Academy of Sciences
Distinguished Professor Jonathan Wendel is one of two Iowa State faculty members to receive this prestigious honor this year.
Calendar of events
View more events