- Iowa State physicist wins early career grant to study nuclear physics, quantum phenomena
The U.S. Department of Energy selected Srimoyee Sen for an early career award which will fund her research that could contribute to speedy quantum computing.
- Lynn Clark named interim chair of the Department of Ecology, Evolution and Organismal Biology
Clark begins a one-year term on June 16, 2021.
- Iowa State launches first AI graduate program in the state
Iowa State is launching a cutting-edge master's degree program in artificial intelligence, or AI, beginning fall semester 2021.
- New evidence may change timeline for when people first arrived in North America
Assistant Professor Andrew Somerville discovers that the first humans may have arrived in North America more than 30,000 years ago, nearly 20,000 years earlier than originally thought.
- Roy J. Carver Trust support helps expand research capabilities at Iowa State University
LAS among multiple colleges to utilize innovative technology.
- Researchers build structured, multi-part nanocrystals with super light-emitting properties
Alex Travesset, professor of physics and astronomy and associate scientist at Ames Laboratory, played a key role in the discovery of these new materials.
- Anderson awarded Alice Hudson Professorship in Chemistry
ISU Chemistry alumna establishes endowment to encourage innovation and excellence.
- King awarded grant from National Institutes of Health for medical health communication research
National Cancer Institute grant will fund study of colon cancer screening messaging.
Calendar of events
View more events