Welcome! We are excited you are considering an adventure in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS). Here are important upcoming dates for incoming first-year students:
December 1, 2019: FAFSA Filing Deadline for Priority Aid Consideration
The FAFSA, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid, is filed each year by students to qualify for institutional and federal financial aid. It is important to file the FAFSA each year between October 1st and December 1st to be considered for priority financial aid.
December 2, 2019: LAS College Scholarship Application Deadline for Fall 2020
Applications for priority consideration for college scholarships for incoming first-year students must be submitted between September 1st and December 2nd. Please follow the instructions below to apply. First-year students need to start the process at least 72 hours before the deadline.
Your department and other ISU programs may have an earlier or later deadline – please check their websites for more information. You can see the LAS department scholarship information here.
All applications are processed through the OneApp linked below. The OneApp will ask you about your experiences, activities, jobs, interests and future plans. You can start the application then save it and complete it at a later time. If you are offered an LAS scholarship, you will be notified by the end of January. You are encouraged to apply every year while you are at Iowa State.
To begin the OneApp, you will need your ISU Net-ID. To register for your Net-ID, use the University ID Number included with your offer letter in your welcome packet from Iowa State Admissions.
Getting Your ISU Net-ID
- Open a browser and go to: https://asw.iastate.edu
- Select “Register for a Net-ID”
- Enter your first and last name
- Enter your University ID Number (9 digit number provided in the admission packet) and select “Next”
- Enter your Net-ID choice and password, then re-enter your password to verify
- In Section 4, enter a unique question and answer that only you know
- In Section 5, enter your text-enabled cell phone number
- In Section 6, check the box to accept the terms and conditions for ISU e-mails
- Select“Register” and your Net-ID will be created
If you need assistance registering for a Net-ID, please contact the IT Solution Center at 515-294-4000.
Once you are enrolled at Iowa State, you will find there are many other scholarships that current students can apply for each year. Go to the current student scholarships page to see the opportunities that await for undergraduate research, study abroad, unpaid internships and more.
If you have questions, please contact:
LAS Undergraduate Scholarship Coordinator
229 Catt Hall