Step 1: Get your Iowa State University Student ID number
- Your student ID number was given to you when you were offered admission to Iowa State University. Consult this letter to find the number.
- Check your ISUCard for your student ID number. If you don’t have your ISUCard, you’ll need to log-in to AccessPlus to find your student ID number. Visit www.iastate.edu and click on the ‘AccessPlus’ link in the lower left hand corner or enter https://accessplus.iastate.edu/frontdoor/login.jsp
- You can find the number in the left-hand column by clicking on ‘ISU ID’s’. Write down your University ID number for Step 2.
Step 2: Get your Net-ID
- Go to the Account Servics website asw.iastate.edu
- Click on ‘Need to register for a NetID’ and fill in the required information, including your student ID number.
- Click the “Next” button.
- Be sure to write down your NetID and password – you’ll need them for the next step.
Step 3: Take the ALEKS Placement Assessment
All incoming students (both new freshmen and transferring students) must complete the ALEKS placement assessment before attending orientation. It is strongly recommended that you take this assessment as soon as possible. At the latest, the assessment should be completed at least two weeks before you attend orientation.
Visit https://math.iastate.edu/academics/undergraduate/aleks/ for more information about taking the ALEKS. Access to the assessment will be available inside of your AccessPlus account.