As an academic adviser for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, I serve in the following roles:
- I advise and teach Open Option students, assisting them with their transition into college life, their exploration of different majors offered at Iowa State University, and potential graduate and professional programs and career paths.
- I advise students in the Bachelor of Liberal Studies program, which is attractive to students who have multiple academic interests.
- I help with the recruitment of new students through the participation of various recruitment programs with New Student Programs at Iowa State.
- My administrative duties include coordinating pre-law advising at ISU. This role allows me to teach a pre-law seminar course that assists pre-law students with their preparation for law school and exploration of the legal profession. I also serve as the Liberal Arts and Sciences liaison for the 3+3 Law program with the Drake University Law School and the University of Iowa College of Law.
- I also serve as the Liberal Arts and Sciences liaison with the ISU Athletic Academic Services office. I coordinate the summer bridge academic program of new freshmen and junior college student-athletes and provide academic assistance with recruiting of ISU student-athletes.
I enjoy going to athletic events at ISU and am a passionate Chicago Cubs baseball fan. I also enjoy fishing and bicycle riding.